Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Panic attack vs heart attack (anxiety?)

loyalPlace7956 May 19th

For the past 3 weeks i’ve been occasionally feeling some strange kind of feeling in my left side of the chest and left arm. It wasn’t unbearable pain but enough to worry me. 3 weeks earlier prior to these symptoms i had what i thought was heart attack except my symptoms increased when i started overthinking and googling what might be the case. I got tingles in my left arm and sudden flash of cold sweat followed up with nausea and i almost blacked out. I havent went to the ER but week after i got fever so i went to the doctor and explained my symptoms. We did ecg, blood tests and blood pressure but all the results came back normal. I also got scheduled for cardiologist in 3 weeks but until then i want someone to ease my mind and overall wondered if anyone has experienced anything similar? Could it really be anxiety or should i keep worrying?

CheeryMango May 20th

It sounds like you're going through a really stressful time with these symptoms. While I'm not a doctor, I can share that anxiety can indeed cause physical symptoms like chest pain, tingling, sweating, and nausea. These symptoms can sometimes mimic those of a heart attack, which understandably causes more anxiety. However, if your symptoms worsen or you feel like something is seriously wrong, don't hesitate to seek medical help immediately. It's always better to be safe and get checked out by professionals.